OPEN:EU Debate Webinar
The OPEN:EU Debate Webinar took place on Wednesday 20 July 2011. It unveiled for the first time a set of future scenarios developed as part of the OPEN: EU project.
The scenarios help support policy makers in thinking about the policy effort needed to transform Europe into a One Planet Economy by 2050. Webinar participants began to discuss, collate and synthesise the blogs, forums and many ideas generated by our online debate into an action plan of European ideas to be presented to the RIO +20 discussions.
Outputs of the session can now be downloaded below and include summaries of the contributions made during the webinar, the presentations used and the four scenario narratives.
Please note to view some of the presentations below, you will need to have Java installed on your PC.
To install Java, click on the above link and then click on the weblink to the Java website www.java.com which is highlighted, and follow the instructions to download Java. When this is complete, click again on the above link and then on the button ‘install using Java’ and you should then be able to view the presentation.
1. Audio recording of today's OPEN:EU Debate Webinar
The recording of this Webinar is now available on the WebEx service site via the following link:
You can forward this link to others to allow them to play back the recording.
2. Presentations supporting the OPEN:EU Debate Webinar 20/07/2011
- Scenario 1, “Clever and Caring”, assumes rapid technological change combined with a high level of preparedness to move away from materialism and the traditional focus on economic growth.
- Scenario 2, “Fast Forward”, follows the growth focus of today, but this endures to a much greater extent.
- Scenario 3, “Breaking Point”, combines slow technological change and an enduring growth focus in people’s mindset about development.
- Scenario 4, “Slow Motion”, illustrates a more equitable transformation, with the vast majority of people embracing a “back to basics” lifestyle.